Sunday, April 27, 2008

Buenos Aires


(The Madonna version of) Evita and the Casa Rosada
I am only a simple woman who lives to serve Peron in his noble crusade to rescue his people!
I was once as you are now!
And I promise you this we will take the riches from the oligarchs only for you--for all of you!
And one day you will inherit these treasures! Descamisados!
When they fire those cannons, when the crowds sing of glory, it is not just for Peron, but for all of us! All of us!

Have I said too much? There's nothing more I can think of to say to you 
But all you have to do it look at me to know that every word is true 
EVITA Rice & Webber

Belltower and the Falkland Memorial
Obelisk and Evita
Spencer and his PEPITO ALFAHORS!
Animal Cruelty or ASADO?
La Caminto 

10 comments:

Karen and Brent Stewart Family said...

We loved seeing more of your trip
and learning about life in the Big Apple...Thanks heavens for Kindergarten... we take our bags in for the children who forget their backpacks...I've yet to plan
ahead like you...I had fun visiting with your dad at Prom...
Didn't see your mom or Tanner...
It must have been when this other
mom was visiting with me... sorry... no pictures either of him
hopefully your mom will send some along... We brought chairs and went to Gurus for hot chocolate...
even Vhari came... Russ is amazing he watched little Hannah and Gen so she could go... Take care and know we miss you both. Love, Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Fun Stuff... looks beautiful there!

Emily said...

Fun Fun FUN!

Marnae said...

Love it. The pictures. The speech. The people. Love it. and you and Spenny too.

Brooke said...

Looks like fun!

Brooke said...

Wow...amazing pictures!! You crack me up. Glad you had a good time!

kim huish said...

Oh boy! Looks like a fun trip. Nicole- why am I not surprised you are re-creating some movie...?

Unknown said...

embarrasing that I'm leaving a comment on a blog, but that picture/comment of clay aiken/big Spenny was hilarious. For sure Clay Aiken reminds me of Spenny.

Karen and Brent Stewart Family said...

Nicole... I have some new photos of your family on my blog...check
them out so there will be no surprises when you arrive this week. Just joking... we are glad
you are coming home. Love, Aunt Karen

James said...

WOW!!! That looks soooooo fun. Thanks for sharing the pics. We miss seeing you guys. Take care :)